Sunday, August 30, 2015

15 Cover Versions I'd Love to Hear


I like cover versions a lot. Sometimes they're lame,
sometimes they just suck out loud but there are times
they are a revelation - a whole new way of hearing
a song you've heard a million times.


These are ones I've only heard in my head...







Howlin' Wolf singing I Can See for Miles (The Who)

Elvis Presley singing Hey Joe (Jimi Hendrix)

Bob Dylan  singing Ever Fallen in Love? (The Buzzcocks)

The Band doing Mississippi Queen (Mountain




      
Tom Waits singing Night Moves (Bob Seger)

Lady Gaga doing Diamond Dogs
(David Bowie)

The Clash  doing R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A. (John Mellencamp)








Feist's version of Riders on the Storm (The Doors)

The Bangles doing Pleasant Valley Sunday (The Monkees)

Leonard Cohen singing Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)





Patty Griffin's version of You Got the Silver (Rolling Stones)

Neil Young rockin' Generation Landslide (Alice Cooper)

Beatle freak Prime Minister Stephen Harper singing I am the Walrus (The Beatles)

Marianne Faithful  doing If I Needed You (Townes van Zandt)




The Proclaimers  doing Tower of Song (Leonard Cohen)


Can you hear any of these?
Feel free to add to the list in the comments below


No comments:

Post a Comment