Friday, April 26, 2013

Who's Roscoe Holcomb?

who's Roscoe Holcomb?


let's start with this...
have you ever heard the phrase
"high, lonesome sound"?

Roscoe is the man that was first described
as having it, by John Cohen





Why was it you stopped playing music for a while?


     They (Baptists) seemed to think it was wrong.  I used
to think it was too.  I get disgusted with it yet, cause I try
and try and it don’t seem I’m doing good at it, and get
disgusted and think sometimes I’ll quit anyway.  I like it
and I don’t like it;  I love to hear it and I love to play

sometimes, but after so long a time I get burned out
with it. 
Long as I’m able to work and do, it ain’t so bad – been
used to it all my life.  When I can’t do nothing it worries
me and you don’t feel like playing anymore.






read the rest of this interview
with Mr. Holcomb here:

- 30 -



.

No comments:

Post a Comment