Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Don van Vliet aka Captain Beefheart (2)









I'd never just want to do what everybody else did.
I'd be contributing to the sameness of everything.











If you want to be a different fish,
you got to jump out of the school.










I don't even know what sound is, much less what it's for.
It isn't to make money that's for sure. I've never made any.











The way I keep in touch with the world is gingerly,
because the world touches too hard.











When I see a dolphin, I know it's just as smart as I am.











I don't do lullabyes.











I think Shakespeare is really the one.
Words as music and music as words.
Everything he wrote was good,
which is really frightening.









You can tell by the kindness of a dog
how a human should be.











An artist is one who kids himself the most gracefully.





*

No comments:

Post a Comment